Investment value is up 38 per cent from last quarter, eclipsing the five-year average by more than 100 per cent
Commercial real estate transaction value has hit a new record high this quarter, according to a new report
by CBRE Canada.
The second quarter of 2018 posted $16.5 billion in commercial transactions, up 38 per cent from last quarter’s previous record of nearly $12 billion and 105 per cent above the five-year quarterly average. Combined, investment volume for the first half of 2018 is $26.8 billion – an all-time high for a half-year period.
Transactions in Vancouver and Toronto drove the bulk of the activity, with just two sales claiming 45 per cent of the quarter’s total dollar volume. Toronto-based Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust purchased Canadian Real Estate Investment Trust, while U.S.-based asset manager The Blackstone Group acquired B.C.-based Pure Industrial Real Estate Trust.
“It’s not surprising that investment volume was the strongest ever in Canadian history. In fact, the average deal size in Q2 was up 67 per cent year-over-year to $9.4 million, which is reflective of the size and significance of the investors in real estate today,” said Peter Senst, president of Canadian Capital Markets at CBRE Canada.
Toronto transactions accounted for a third of all sales at $5.7 billion, while Vancouver clocked an impressive second at over $3.2 billion – up 91 per cent over the five-year average.
Calgary saw $2.5 billion in transactions, led by Oaktree Capital Management’s $107 million purchase of Calgary’s First Tower office building.
Industrial outsold all asset classes, representing 37 per cent of the quarter’s dollar volume at $6 billion.
By Tanya CommissoSource: https://www.westerninvestor.com/news/british-columbia/commercial-real-estate-investment-hits-16-5b-record-high-in-second-quarter-1.23426582
BUSINESS ACQUISITION & COMMERCIAL LOANS | CONSTRUCTION & LAND ACQUISITION, INFRASTRUCTURE & INDUSTRIAL LOANS | RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGES
Contact “Shahin Golestani” 778-231-9879 email@example.com
CONSTRUCTION, DEVELOPMENT & LAND LOANS
- Medium or Large Construction, Development & Land Loans
- Condominium Construction Loans for low, mid and high-rise
- Single Family and Townhome Projects Loans
- Construction of Single or Multi-Tenant, Commercial Buildings such as Retail, Industrial, Office, Storage, Hotel,Multi Unit Residential
- Commercial Mortgages on Investment Properties
- Subdivision Servicing
- Condominium Conversion Projects
- Condominium Construction Builder Inventory loans
- Development Lands
- New Purchase, Merger & Acquisition | Refinancing & New Financing | Equipment Leasing & Finance |
- Commercial Buildings | Hotels and Motels | Offices and Medical Buildings
- Plazas and Shopping Centers | Multi-Family Residential | Subdivision Servicing
- Industrial Buildings | Condominium Conversion Projects | New Residential
- Condominium Construction Builder Inventory loans |Seniors Housing | Long Term Care Facilities | Development Lands | Apartment Buildings
RESIDENTIAL MORTGAGES & REFINANCE
- Self Employed Solutions
- Second Mortgage | Home Equity Line of Credit
- Mortgage for New Canadian Immigrants (Newcomers) or Non-Residents
- Debt Consolidation